The UF Health Shands Hospital administrative residency consists of a month-long shadowing experience in four key areas of the hospital. Areas will vary but may include Environmental Services, Dietary, Nursing, Finance, Physical Therapy, Financial Services, Radiology and the Operating Room. Shadowing these departments enables the resident to obtain a clearer idea of the foundation of the hospital, and how each and every employee contributes to the overall patient experience. After shadowing, the remainder of the residency is self-directed with the preceptor providing close guidance, advice, and help. The projects residents work on will be completed within the year experience, thus allowing the resident to see a project through start to finish. Along with project assignments, residents will also participate in executive leadership meetings.
- Equipment planning for a new Freestanding Emergency Department
- Updating patient educational television to replace the system hospital-wide
- Updating the emergency plans for every department
- Chest pain credentialing
- Standardizing patient experience improvement practices across the hospital
- EPIC implementation updates
- Improving patient flow in specific clinical areas and improving the discharge process efficiency
- Cost analysis and implementation of a new clinic
- Outpatient wound care evaluation
- Endoscopy renovation/relocation
- Business plan and analysis for a new service line
- Project management of construction of a new Pediatric ICU
Life at UF Health
Read more about working at UF Health Shands Hospital.